American submarines deployed off the Norwegian coast will have to find a new fuel supplier. In a Facebook post on Saturday, March 1, the company, Haltbakk Bunkers, the number one operator in Norwegian ports, said it was “immediately” ceasing to supply US Navy vessels. The decision was made following “the biggest shitshow ever presented ‘live on TV’ by the current American president and his vice president,” the company said in a statement issued a few hours after the clash between Ukrainian President Volodymyr Zelensky and Donald Trump at the White House.
Radical as it may seem, this announcement is just one of many in the Nordic countries, where the movement calling for boycotting American brands is on the rise. In recent weeks, a number of groups have sprung up on Facebook, listing products and services to be blacklisted. While the impact of this action is still difficult to assess, the participants hope to inspire a broader movement at the European level, capable of making American companies tremble.
In its statement, which concluded with the slogan “Slava Ukraini” (“Glory to Ukraine”), Haltbakk Bunkers, whose Facebook account was no longer accessible on Sunday, paid tribute to the Ukrainian president’s restraint in the face of the “backstabbing TV show” organized by the US administration. “It made us sick,” said the company, encouraging “all Norwegians and Europeans to follow our example.”
You have 73.1% of this article left to read. The rest is for subscribers only.
In her two decades as a human rights lawyer, working on issues in more than 25 countries, Hadar Harris says she is alarmed by what she's witnessing on U.S. soil
Nick BeakeEurope correspondentBBCAll his adult life, Colonel Soren Knudsen stepped forward when his country called. And when its allies did.He fought alongside
Last week’s Oval Office blowup with Ukrainian President Volodymyr Zelensky exemplified what many foreign policy experts have long feared: that th
President Donald Trump creates a task force to prepare for the 2026 W