The Federal Bureau of Investigation (FBI) has launched a nationwide operation to investigate a criminal network targeting professional athletes’ homes in the United States.
In a statement, , externalthe FBI said the burglaries have been orchestrated by members of South American Theft Groups (SATGs).
The NFL issued a security warning to players last year after the homes of Kansas City Chiefs stars Patrick Mahomes and Travis Kelce were burgled, while a property owned by Dallas Cowboys’ Linval Joseph was also targeted.
SATG suspects allegedly monitored the travel schedules of athletes to identify when their properties would be unoccupied.
The FBI said it has arrested two men accused of running an East Coast operation to resell stolen goods.
A federal grand jury in Cincinnati, Ohio also indicted three defendants – who allegedly committed a burglary at the home of an NFL player last year – and are believed to be operating as part of the group.
The Chiefs are aiming to win a third consecutive Super Bowl when they take on the Philadelphia Eagles on Sunday in New Orleans.
By JAKE FENNER Published: 14:06 GMT, 8 March 2025 | Updated: 14:06 GMT, 8 March 2025 After
The New York Jets are delighted to announce the return of its highly successful Jets NFL Girls Flag league in London ahead of International Women's Day.
Trevor Sikkema, Pro Football Focus: James Pearce Jr., Edge, Tennessee Why: Pearce had an incredibly impressive combine showing in the speed drills,
Former Colorado quarterback Shedeur Sanders opted out of throwing passes at last week's NFL Scouting Combine. He did, however, travel to Indianapolis and condu